Monday, January 3, 2011

वहत इस लाइफ?


I dont always stop enough when I feel the urge to write. I am hip deep in moving today, but Im going to break and write. This is one of my New Years resolutions.
I dont see the world like most other people. Everything is alive, and I mean everything. Animals, rocks, plants, and inanimate objects. Everything talks to me. I feel the pain of a tree removed. I feel the life and history of objects old and new as they are utilized by society. Many people found it hard to understand why I took it so hard and personally when we lost our house. It was an organism all to itself, a living entity. It was a death. I would not relate with this being anymore. And all the sub species of life risked being killed by one less conscious. Nothing would be repurposed, or respected, or handled in any sort of intelligent way. I let it go and all I see now is my future and the excitement that comes with making new friends and loving new and different things. Things come and go easily, this is true. But each "thing" will never be the same as the last. The universe is moving and evolving. Every molecule that comes in consciousness of our mind is affected and changed. Life itself is changed for everyone, past, present, and future. That is what the "Now" is. We will come to realize that there is no time continuum. Im really getting off track here with what I was wanting to say, or am I?
How does this relate to art? What better way to imbue an object with purpose intent, and energy than to create a piece of art. Art conveys to others the consciousness and message of the artist. Everyone is affected by viewing it whether they be sensitive or not. The ones viewing it will pass ithat energy along to everyone they come in contact with, and so on.
The sensitive ones will be more aware than the others, but everyone will be affected. Thats why Im bothered by gross and obscene art. Is this really what the artist wants to put into the environment? Ask yourself, would I want my Mother, my daughter, my brother to see this? How would I have felt viewing this when I was four? Confused maybe, even frightened? There is a positive and a negative. Positive energy promotes improvement, evolving. Negative energy tears down, deconstructs, devolves.
So what is life? Its what you make it.

No comments: